SleepTalk™ – Parent Testimonials
She couldn’t believe they were still asleep!
I am delighted to be training in your SleepTalk for Children method. I was delighted to receive a phone call from my daughter this morning, she lives in the South Island and I am in Auckland saying that she had started the SleepTalk process yesterday. She has twin daughters, 2 1/2 years born 13 hours before the Christchurch earth quake at 25 weeks prem. They both had brain bleeds due to the earthquake and ‘G’ has cerebral palsy (mild) (due to the shake) It has affected her motor skills. Recently my daughter received funding for some child care each week, to give her a break, and she is also learning special communication skills and sign language.
More about this case
‘G’ is experiencing separation anxiety, and so yesterday, after trying to get hold of me but no answer, (I was at conference) she decided to use the method in their day time sleeps as they have had a virus and not sleeping well at night and in the same room. She didn’t want the risk of waking the other up. So as I said she used the method yesterday afternoon.
Last night they woke for their 10.30 pm dream feed (small stomachs as they are undersized which is normal for prems) and when her husband’s alarm went off at 6am she couldn’t believe they were still asleep! She thought she must have got up and not remembered. This was the first time that they had both slept through, and she had the luxury of lying in bed for 15 minutes before her other daughter ‘O’ called.
She is normally tired, and was full of beans today and so looking forward to carrying on with this process, as I know she will as she is very diligent with her daughters. I just want to thank you, even at this early stage from the bottom of my heart for developing and sharing SleepTalk for children.
2013 – Patricia Allen – Consultant in Training – NZ
The tears and tantrums have nearly gone!
My reason for commencing SleepTalk™ was when I started to note some negative changes in (my daughter’s) behaviour that given a chance, I could see developing into behavioural problems later on.
We’ve been using SleepTalk™ with our three children over the last six weeks and have seen some remarkable changes in our middle child aged 7. (She) was anxious and worried constantly about the outcome of everything. Meltdowns and crying jags were her standard response to anything out of her comfort zone. A real drama queen! We tried every strategy in the book, to no avail.
Then we started SleepTalk™. After using the Foundation Process for a week we noticed there were stretches of co-operation and peace. The old behaviours were there too, of course, but by the end of the second week these old patterns were popping up less and less. Every week she has become more confident and self-assured.
More about this case
Now, six weeks on, she is a different child. The tears and tantrums have nearly gone. She is coping with new situations, handling peer group and sibling interactions well and has even started to speak up for change!
She is sleeping through the night (most nights!). She willingly co-operates, has become more self-sufficient and less needy. She has almost totally dropped the drama and is emerging as a radiant, confident and positive child. She surprises me daily with offers of help and wise insights.
The only change we have introduced in the last few weeks is SleepTalk™. Thank goodness we did!!
So thank you for teaching us SleepTalk™. It has been a wonderful tool and empowered us as parents to ground our children in a safe, solid place of love, so they can be the best that they can be.
Downs syndrome – toilet training
My sister is a Downs syndrome child born with faulty heart and lungs. (She) has difficulties in understanding complex tasks and need to be spoken to in simple language; she also requires assistance with bathing and at meal times. Unfortunately (she) needs to be supervised as due to her disabilities as she is not able to look after herself all that well.
It took a while to work out what SleepTalk™ was about. SleepTalk™ was a strange concept to us, and we were still battling deep grief of Mums slow cancer progression and eventual death. Dad & I, used SleepTalk with (my sister) to help her with going to the toilet, as my sister, even though she was in her 20s was still peeing and soiling herself. To be quite frank, in my heart I did not believe that SleepTalk™ would work.
More about this case
(My sister) is a very difficult child to manage as her cognitive comprehension is low, and her body could never be healthy either. We took this child from doctor to doctor for assistance, but as the nature of the beast is that there was not much you can do with this condition. We also went to all types of different kinds of churches, looking for any kind of help and or answers. We tried everything and nothing was working. The child was always very ill, and no matter what we did, her health could only be improved to a certain point and that is all you could do.
My Mum was very frustrated, as no matter what you did with (her) she could not grow mentally, nor could she progress cognitively. My Mum was very ill with cancer and she also tried everything to help this child, but all of her strength efforts and frustrations were in vain as well. Eventually my Mum died battling with cancer for over 10 years and Dad & I were left to cope. Exhausting all possibilities, we eventually came to meet Joan & Jim Goulding.
I believed SleepTalk would be hard to use, and it would take ages for it to work, and I imagined that I would get minimal or hardly measurable results. Needles to say on all accounts I was wrong. After speaking with Joan and using the SleepTalk, we found an immediate change. Initially the child was confused, but then we saw an immediate progression of change for the better.
It is imperative that you work closely with a therapist. (This is really important*) This is so you are guided and mentored in your progress or should you lose focus like I did many times. There were other countless other issues that we had to face each day, and this detracted from us and our abilities. Now that I am a therapist in training myself, looking back I wish we were mentored.
In my experience from using sleep talk, it was easy and it worked. From then on, in rare occasions did we encounter issues where my sister soil herself afterwards, we administered SleepTalk™.
Recently my sister has passed away at the age 30. On the eve of her passing, it destroyed me watching my sister in so much pain and distress. She was struggling for breath, due to her heart and lungs were now giving out.
In all my tiredness and distress as I was looking after her and watching over her, I looked into her eyes I repeated the Foundation Statements. My sister immediately understood those words very well, and she calmed immediately. Shortly after in the small hours in the morning my sister passed away. In our time with (my sister) in our lives were greatly touched and improved by SleepTalk™. Even though our lives are a hard and tough; our lives were much tougher and harsher without SleepTalk™. We are still yet have to grieve and put our lives back together.
To sum up what SleepTalk did for us was, to take away the added stress and worry of already very bad situation. SleepTalk™ helped a Downs syndrome child with toilet training and us to no longer deal with the difficulties and embarrassment of a child peeing or soiling herself.
Contact Sue at Alpha Hypnosis to make an appointment, or to get more info about SleepTalk™. Sue is one of only two Goulding SleepTalk Trainers in New Zealand (the other is Alpha’s Roger Saxelby)
What other parents say
- “My children have become calm again and the household is happier, thank you for giving me back my child.”
- “I can’t believe it! I’ve got my son back!”
- “I have been presenting the SleepTalk™ with my son who is 9 yrs of age for 6 months and I have a new boy! He’s back to being my loving, caring and helpful son who has found his self-esteem and self-worth again. I am so proud of him and a huge believer in the SleepTalk™ miracle. It is amazing. Thank you, Thank you,Thank you!!!”
- “Initially I didn’t think SleepTalk™ would have the potential to work on my 3 year old daughter; however after trying the technique I found my 3 year old to be calmer and more settled with her bedtime routine. The SleepTalk™ process was very easy to follow and manage. It has been a worthwhile contribution to my daughter’s very healthy sleeping routine.”
- “Since starting the SleepTalk™ process, the whole family has noticed an improvement in my son’s behaviour. It is hard to believe that with so little time and effort our daily lives have improved so much. My son is a much calmer boy now and has less tantrums, in fact it is now a rare occurrence that we have to send him to his room for time out (it used to be a couple of times a day at weekends). It is also a lovely time for me to go into his room at night and whisper to him which is a nice end to the day regardless of it being a good day or not. He is definitely waking up ‘bright and happy’ these days – we love it!”
- “We have been continuing doing our SleepTalk™ and have observed some pretty great developments with ‘N’ which are more obvious since his return to school. He seems to have acquired a whole new work ethic and is participating in school work activities and seems to be generalizing this knowledge outside of his school environment and is even doing some academic work ‘just for fun’! Oh My Goodness, I am so very thrilled about this!!”
- “Thanks you so much. I have my happy little boy back, and he’s even enjoying going to school!”
- “I don’t know how my son would have coped with all the distress and upset these last few months, without SleepTalk. It has helped him be calmer and more centered within himself. He is a changed little boy!“
- “My daughter gets ready for school and makes her bed without me having to nag her. She’s even nice to her brother, and told him the other day she loves him!”
- There has been some amazing positive changes in all three of my children, and I only came to see you about two of them, but they have all benefited from this.”
What children say…
- “The fairies talk to me at night and they tell me they love me. They sound just like my Mum”
- “I know you love me because you tell me so at night, Daddy”
- “Mum will you say those nice things to me again tonight”?
- “I don’t know what you’re doing Mum, but it’s working. Keep it up!” A sister remarking on her brother’s much happy attitude after just one night of SleepTalk.
- “I love you Mummy”
Some of these testimonials are from case studies on the offical SleepTalk web site. When you get to that page, click on each of the issues on the left hand side. Each one will take you to one or more case studies about that.
180 Lincoln Road
(09) 8377 877