Time for a Change? Lose Weight This Spring, Get Ready For Summer
Spring is finally here! Are you ready for it? Are you looking how you want to look?
What kinds of chrachteristics do you need to be, or get, ready? How do you want to feel when the days start getting longer? When you think of spring and summer – the warmer months – what traits do you associate with them?
>> Be healthier?
>> Greater motivation?
>> More confidence?
>> Be determined?
What else would you add to this list?
Without focusing on your weight and the number on the scales, how would you like to feel this summer?
Would you like to have more energy? Feel lighter on your feet? Feel a sense of accomplishment? All these things are not always the main aim of losing weight but all can be part of it!
Running around on the beach with friends and family. Playing an extra game of Frisbee or backyard cricket into the evening. All of these things can be easier and more accessible when you drop those extra kilograms.
Are you the weight you want to be for summer? Are you the fitter, healthier person you want to be?
Food doesn’t have to be something that takes up your day, and makes you feel bad about yourself. “Why did I eat that whole bag of chips?” “Why did I eat a whole packet of biscuits?” There is much more to life than the temporary high that is caused from processed junk foods and sugary drinks.
Sure, getting rid of excess weight or fat off your body might make you ‘look better’. But wouldn’t you like to feel better within yourself, just as much or more? Once you get your subconscious mind working with your conscious mind, this is possible.
How do I get motivated to lose weight and also feel great in the process?
- Start a journal – Write down the reasons why you want to lose weight in a journal. Define why you want to go on a weight loss journey You can even refer back to these everyday to keep yourself on track while you progress.
- Make sure your goals are realistic. Keep in mind that losing a lot of weight quickly is not the way to go. What you should aim for always is sustainable weight loss that you can keep up.
- Stay away from restrictive diets and the practice of ‘Yo Yo Dieting’. Diets which restrict calories have been shown to be predictors of future weight gain.
- Find and ask for support.Tell your close family and friends about your weight loss journey as they will help motivate you.
- Look at your weight loss journey through a positive lens. Start thinking and talking positively about it. But try not to fantasize. Research shows that people who spend a lot of time only fantasizing about their dream weight are less likely to reach their goal. This is called mentally indulging.
Instead, you should mentally contrast. To mentally contrast, spend a few minutes imagining reaching your goal weight and then spend another few minutes imagining any possible obstacles that may get in the way.
- Find a positive role model! Find a friend or an inspirational person that has already lost weight online that can motivate you through your weight loss.
Great! Now that you are more motivated…..
How can Hypnotherapy Help me?
At Alpha Hypnosis our Virtual Gastric Band Life Change Programme uses the latest mind management techniques to help you kick the snacking and eat smaller portion sizes, without depriving yourself, so you can lose weight and keep it off permanently. We aim for sustainable, gradual, long term weight loss. Our programme is also much more than weight loss it can have a flow on effect in other life areas as well. Read more.
1 Hour FREE STOP Mindless Snacking webinars coming up – see below
You may not even realise that certain behaviours, which come from your subconscious mind, are to do with food. Our Virtual Gastric Band Life Change Programme can help you combat these, kick any bad habits for good, plus understand where these thoughts and beliefs came from in the first place!
Our programme changes the way you think about food, so that you can reset your mindset and get back to enjoying all the things in life which really matter. AND it supports you on your journey for much longer than similar programmes.
What things matter to you most in life?
If processed junk foods and sugary drinks are high on your list then it may be time for a change.
To assist you, and so you can get a taste of what this is like, check out our
FREE STOP Mindless Snacking – Book Now!